February 5, 2011

GOD IS ALWAYS AT WORK!!!!!

So I was on my way to our clubhouse to run for 30 minutes and there was someone already on the treadmill so I turned around to come back home.  On my way home there was an elderly woman with what looked like a dustpan trying to clear off her drive way.  I pulled into my driveway, got out of my truck, and grabbed my snow shovel.  I was thinking I would just offer it to her until I got closer and realized she was elderly more than what I was expecting.  Come to find out she has diebeties, lives alone and really needed to get to the store.  So what would have taken her about 3 hours to do I did in 8:36 seconds.  I cleared off her driveway and felt very good about it.  So even though I was very mad about not running I did what God wanted me to do and help those in need.  Being that my Grandpa fell about 3 weeks ago and broke his hip and no one came to his rescue I am so honored to do this for this nice elderly lady.  I gave her my number and I hope she calls if she needs something else.